Lottery Utilities Software, Tools, Lotto Wheels, Systems.

Martingale Pick-3, Anyone?
Flawed Lottery Systems by Steve Player

Martingale Pick-3 Fraud: Flawed Pick 3 4 Lottery, Lotto Systems by Steve Player.

Posted by BigJer on July 20, 2000.

In Reply to: Martingale Pick-3 Lottery, Anyone? posted by Ion Saliu on July 19, 2000.

Thanks Ion,
I saw that in the banner ad the was on the USA Today lottery results page and also that
there was just a minor note about having to pick ONE digit for his system to work but
as any one who plays pick three knows the one digit can be very hard to do if your
whole system depends on it , that is why I like to play boxed back ups on any thing that I play straight.
It looks to me like road to riun to use a system that costs that much to play
BigJer

: • BigJer posted a while ago asking if I had heard of “Steve Player”. Later, I saw in rec.gambling.lottery a thread on “Steve Player’s pick-3 system”. I think I got it right. The foundation of such a lotto system is choosing one digit in the pick-3 game. Something like a favorite digit. I put the “system” to a test using LotWon lottery software.

I ran POWER-3 without any filters. I pressed N to all the 7 prompt screens. Then I selected the option “1 favorite digit”. The program always generates 271 combinations with one favorite lottery digit. Now, you are supposed to play all those 271 combinations. Let’s say we play them for $1 each. The cost; $271. If we win the first time, we make a profit of $500 - $271 = $229. But what guarantees you get the “fixed” digit right from the first try? Let’s use here the fundamental formula of gambling (FFG). The probability p = 271/1000 = 0.271. In order to have a 50% degree of certainty (DC) that we pick the right digit we need 2.2 tries (drawings).

That is, there is a 50% chance we will lose more than 2 drawings in a row. Since we lost our first drawing, only a Martingale will recuperate the loss AND offer a profit. Now, the 2nd drawing, we double the amount: $271 x 2 = $542. We already lost $271, so the total cost is now $813. We played $2 a ticket, so the win will be $1,000. Profit: $187 over a period of 2 days; profit per day: $93.5. What happens if we lose 3 days in a row? We must play now $4 per ticket: $271 x 4 = $1,084. We add to this amount what we lost the previous 2 days. Total cost: $1,897. The win will be $2,000, the profit $103 or $34.34 daily profit. It is very plausible to lose one more time. The Martingale will be 8 x $271 = $2,168. Total cost for 4 drawings: $4,065. The win will be 8 x $500 = $4,000. From this point on, we always lose, even if we hit the winning combination! So, a power-2 Martingale is not sufficient to apply this “lottery system”. We probably need to apply a power-3 Martingale: 1-3-9-2.

An editor's note - 2007

There is no one single person named Steve Player. It is a group of so-called "lottery systems developers". They are related to a now-defunct publication: Lotto World Magazine. The magazine was primarily a vehicle for 'Steve Player's lotto systems'. Half of the publication consisted of full-page ads for those "lottery systems". Most likely, the publishers and 'Steve Player' were one and the same entity. The ads also featured a fake photo of a weird-looking man who was living in the wilderness of New England, surrounded by computers and developing lottery systems! One of the weirdoes of the 'Steve Player Clan' still spams me from New England. He wants my formulas and even unpublished lottery theories. I call him Sticklete. He is proud of articles he wrote in Lotto World Magazine. Sticklete is obsessed especially with 'lotto mathematics and standard deviation in lottery'. I am sure they have another big lottery scam in mind.

Ion Saliu

All about lotto lottery: Software, systems, including Steve Player's flawed lotto, lottery systems.

Resources in Lottery, Software, Systems, Lotto Wheels, Strategies

Lotto software, lottery software, strategy, systems, generate  combinations.

Comments:

Deception by Steve Player lottery system developer.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

The foundation of such a lottery system is choosing one digit in the pick-3 game.