Pay Membership, Download Software: Lottery, Gambling, Roulette, Sports, Powerball, Mega Millions.

Global response: Upgrading MDIEditor and Lotto WE; in beta

The best, most comprehensive, lotto, lottery, gambling software: MDIEditor and Lotto WE a beta version 1.0_WE is ready for download and run.

Written by Ion Saliu on November 08, 2001.

• I announced I have been working on a major upgrade to MDIEditor and Lotto. Apparently, the announcement caused curiosity. I am unable to respond to every question on an individual basis. I still wonder why so many individuals believe they are the only person in the whole world that I deal with! As if the entire planet were populated by two individuals, and only two! Sometimes I get so many emails (with/out questions) that I can only select 'em all and delete 'em globally. Even if I had nothing else to do, it would be a chore to just read and respond to questions.

I try, however not to hurt anybody's feelings. I will respond globally. I have no illusion I'll be able to cover all the bases.

•• The new version of MDIEditor and Lotto is named 1_WE at this time.
The application will not be freeware. No way I can offer it for free again. For one, it causes a lot of pain in my butt. We all know Murphy's Law:
“The amount of our generosity should be indirect proportionate to the pain in the butt our generous effort generates. Otherwise, we will reach a point of not being able to sit and thus be forced to kick around on a piece of ground for the rest of our lives.”

horse-filters Secondly, the new MDIEditor and Lotto is a very powerful beast that devours the odds. The free lotto and lottery and gambling software enables only a couple of filters. You can see its power. But imagine that all the filters were enabled, and then some. I added new and significantly powerful filters. Here is a sample of the statistical report for horseracing.

* Horse # 12 * Hits: 6 

* Any Position:  28  4  1  33  2  13 
* Sorted Skips:  1  2  4  13  28  33 
* Median Skip Any:  4 

* 1st: 28  57 
Sorted Skips:  28  57 
* Median Skip 1st:  28 

** 2nd: 33  1  33 
Sorted Skips:  1  33  33 
* Median Skip 2nd:  33 

*** 3rd: 72 
Sorted Skips:  72 
* Median Skip 3rd:  72 

* Average Median:  3 
    * Sorted Skip Medians: 
 0  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  2  3  3  3 

Lottery software creates skip systems for lotto, including Powerball, Mega Millions, Euromillions.

••• The new MDIEditor and Lotto handles the following games:
- pick 3
- pick 4
- horseracing (like pick 3)
- lotto 5
- lotto 6
- lotto 7
- PowerBall '5+1'
- PowerBall '6+1'

The pick 3, pick 4, and horseracing programs have three options:
- optimally random
- sequential
- purge.
The 'optimally random' is the feature you can see in the freeware version.
The 'sequential option' works like the freeware LotWon3. The routine generates pick 3 combinations sequentially, from the beginning to the end. For example:
3,6 2
The 'purge option' works like the freeware LotWon3. The routine takes a file of previously generated combinations and “purges” the combinations based on a set of filters.

The lotto 5, lotto 6, lotto 7, PowerBall 5+1, and PowerBall 6+1 programs have two options:
- optimally random
- purge.

All the programs use a common filter-input form (like the one in the freeware version). There is a new text box to input the digits/numbers a user wants to eliminate. You have the statistical report in a window already. You can simply copy and paste digits/numbers with the current streak above the median skip.
All the programs share five common filters: Ion1 to Ion5.
Then, the programs use a number of filters specific to the game. For example, the pick-3 game uses the filters Any1 to Any3 and Ver1 to Ver3. Meanwhile, a lotto-7 game uses the filters Any1 to Any7 and Ver1 to Ver7. The PowerBall games use also an additional filter: PowerBall! It eliminates all the PowerBall numbers from the previous m draws/forces all the PowerBall numbers to repeat from the previous M draws.

Every filter has a minimum level and a maximum level (like LotWon).

As you can see, the new MDIEditor and Lotto uses fewer filters. Nevertheless, they are more potent, pound for pound.

Yes, I tried to put absolutely all the lottery filters from DOS and Windows in one application. Problem is, each operating system has insurmountable limitations, as far as lottery crunching is concerned.
DOS, especially the 32-bit incarnation offered by PowerBasic is very powerful. The performance is awesome. Unfortunately, the presentation has serious limitations. It is very hard and unsightly to display long text lines on screen. Too many filters make it harder to select filters.

Windows, including the 32-bit platform, is a slowpoke, as far as lottery crunching is concerned. Try for yourself. Use first the 32-bit LotWon (even the 16-bit LotWon lottery software is faster). Do the statistical report for the lotto-6 game, for 300 draws. I did it for a 6/69 game. In UTIL632, the report was ready in 5 seconds. In MDIEditor and Lotto, I waited 40 seconds for the report. Mind you, UTIL632 does many more reports than MDIEditor and Lotto (most-6, least-6, best-6, pairs-6 …).
Windows has, however, a tremendous advantage in usage. It makes it easier to work with any kind of data.

So, I tried to bridge the gap by way of the purge option. You can generate combinations in DOS LotWon and save them to file. Then load the file in MDIEditor and Lotto and purge it. Vice-versa, generate combinations in MDIEditor and Lotto and save them to file. Then load the file in DOS LotWon and purge it. You get a most astonishing result. Take it from the guy who cares a lot more about his position in the future than about his pocket in the present, future, or past participle.

At this time, only the digit and horseracing routines are ready. It's all I can say for now. When it's ready, I'll say it's ready ASAP.

Ion Saliu

Beta MDIEditor and Lotto WE: Lottery software, gambling software.

Resources in Lottery Software, Systems, Lotto Wheeling

Comments:

The super powerful lotto and lottery software application: MDIEditor.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Ion Saliu: Software, Programs, Apps, Systems, Strategies.