Humans, wisdom, Shakespeare: To thine own self be true
By Ion Saliu, Wisely At-Large
Ion "The Axiomatic" Saliu didn't know at first who said: To thine own self be true. So much wisdom in just a few words! It decidedly sounded Shakespeare in form and Socrates in essence. Then Ion did more research and discovered he was right. The words belonged to Shakespeare and his beloved Hamlet. The inspiration was the wisdom of Socrates and his unwritten philosophy.
Written on June 21, 2001.
In Reply to: To thine own self be true - Shakespeare inspired by Socrates posted by B2B on June 20, 2001.
: To thine own self be true, for it must follow as dost the night the day, that canst not then be false to any man.
• Absolutely great! I don’t know who the author is. Sounds like Shakespeare, but it could also be Tladouqué, or someone else. Humans have created so much Wisdom! Yet, the species will still be extinct after who knows how long. That’s nothing compared to the extinction of the solar system. And that, in turn, is Nothing, compared to the Big Crunch of the Universe!
Then, It starts all over again. Galaxies again, solar systems again, wisdom systems again... I don’t necessarily laugh at those telling past-life experiences. Random interaction of forces can CreateDestroy anything, everything, nothing, again and never again. I’d be so happy now to apologize to the woman who told me she was, in a past life, a climber of mountains of helium; she made love to Air and gave birth to Clouds. At that time, I thought that newspaper want-a-date ads were for nuts only...
It's Shakespeare inspired by Socrates (Know thyself.)
Resources in Philosophy, Humans, Humanities, Ideas, Truth
See a comprehensive directory of the pages and materials on the subject of philosophy, humans, humanities, ideas, truth, Human_Computing_Beast.
- Ion Saliu's Book of Records.
- Computational Psychology, Philosophy: Fear-Survival, Human Life.
- Essential Resources In Philosophy - The Main Philosophical Hub.
- Almighty Number, Randomness, Universe, God, Order, History, Repetition.
- Mathematics of the Fundamental Formula of Gambling.
• The mathematical proof of the inexistence of God or the absurdity of the God concept.
- There are NO perfect geometric shapes, forms on Earth, in Universe to justify a super intelligent, divine force in Cosmos; only humans create perfect or geometrical shapes in an attempt to have some control over randomness.
- Zeno's Paradox: Achilles, Tortoise
~ The first philosophical, logical, and metaphysical solutions to the paradoxes of Zenon of Elea.
- Truth, Beliefs, Religion, Science, Philosophy, Mental Programming, Brain Washing.
- Intelligent Design, Theory of Evolution, Creationism, Survival.
- Brain waves, mind, communication, body language, behavior.
- Dream Interpretation: Dreaming in Lisboa, On The East Coast.
- Brain, seizures, beliefs, religious behavior.
- Download Scientific, Mathematical, Philosophical Software.
| Home | Search | New Writings | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap |