Miscellaneous Software: Text Editors, Freeware, Shareware.

CoolRevGui: The Definitive File Reverser and Text Viewer Software - Comments

By Ion Saliu, Software Developer

GUI File Reverser, Text, File, Viewer, Software.

Written on December 8, 2002 (2 WE).

Any comments welcome...

To further Ion's post...

It's not exactly a marine lab, it's a signal-processing lab with great ties to Underwater Acoustics.

I welcome any comments on CoolRevGui...just mail them to:

thornc@zmail.pt

This is the preferred address because of space and ease of access considerations.

Cristiano Lopes
System engineer, computer programmer.

• You trying to be 100% precise, as all true computer programmers are! Might be impossible... I thought “maritime” was the most encompassing term; it would include “sub-aquatic”, without implying necessarily military.

As I emailed you (before changing the keyboard!), your app is great. I overlooked something when I decided to give up C++ and stick with Basic strictly. You wrote a Windows application very much like writing a DOS program. Just statements, without graphical placing of GUI controls. I admit, I am surprised that CoolRevGui is as small in size as my 32-bit DOS UPDOWN! As fast, as well! I might have been able to write MDIEditor entirely as your CoolRevGui. Unfortunately, VB automatically adds 2+ MB, even if the processing code is only 1 byte!

Anyway, since you are the first, keep going on. Please make your application the best text viewer out there. Let the user choose a maximized window for best viewing. Add also the “shuffle” option to reversing. And keep the “reverse/shuffle” options active, so that the user can reverse or shuffle a file as many times as desired.

And there we have it: An ideal application for a couple of tasks.

Ion Saliu

PS
This ezboard started to get some visitors lately. 70 yesterday… over 100 today, before 11 AM EST (U.S.).
You can post more on programming here… or send me the text and I'll post it to saliu.com/bbs/ if you prefer.
IS

GUI File Reverser, Text, File, Viewer, Software free from system engineer.

Main page for this program:

Web site by Ion Saliu, founder of lottery software programming science, file viewer reverser.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Download Miscellaneous Software: Text Editors, Freeware, Shareware.