Pay Membership, Download Software: Lottery, Gambling, Roulette, Sports, Powerball, Mega Millions.

Lotto combination of 1 2 3 4 5 6 has a very low standard deviation

Lotto combination 1 2 3 4 5 6 has a very low standard deviation that's why it has not been drawn.

Posted by Frank on July 29, 2000.

In Reply to: Is it important what happened in past lotto drawings? posted by Steve Cochrane on July 28, 2000.

Steve:
What you have said about equal probability is correct but that is only for each number. When you look at the combination as a whole it is anither story. A lotto combination of say 1 2 3 4 5 6 as a whole does not have such a high probability due to the fact that they are in sequence. If you close your eyes and randomly throw stones at 49 bottles it will very seldom if ever happen that you will hit 6 bottles that are next to each other - the same is true of the lottery. All bottles has the same probability to be hit but the probability to hit one after another is very small. I hope this will help in clearing up your question.

Frank

Ion Saliu: "The probability p is NOT the same as the degree of certainty DC. Most people badly confuse the two concepts. They also confuse favorable cases by number of trials. The standard deviation rules!"

: I have read through the mathmatical justifications for the Lotto systems posted here and can't say I understand them completely. The thing that I really don't get is - what difference does it make what happened in past lotto drawings? Statistics theory as I learned it says that in an honest game every combination has equal probability, each time regardless of what happened before. If thats true why wouldn't a play of 1,2,3,4,5,6 lottery combination be as likely an outcome as anything generated by the lotto software programs?

"For only Almighty Number is exactly the same, and at least the same, and at most the same.
May Its Almighty grant us in our testy day the righteous proportion of being at most unlikely the same and at least likely different. For our strength is in our inequities."

Winning Probability(Odds) of Combination 1-2-3-4-5-6 to hit.

Resources in Theory of Probability, Mathematics, Statistics, Combinatorics, Software

See a comprehensive directory of the pages and materials on the subject of theory of probability, mathematics, statistics, combinatorics, plus software.

Probability of Combination 1-2-3-4-5-6: Odds, Frequency, Reality, Statistics.

Follow Ups:

Calculate lotto odds, probability, frequency for combination 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Comments:

Lotto Combination 1,2,3,4,5,6: Probability, Degree of Certainty.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Lottery combination 1 2 3 4 5 6: Standard deviation, probability, odds, frequency, appearance.