Lottery Software: Jackpot Lotto, Pick Lotteries, Powerball, Mega Millions, Euromillions, Keno.

Software, Formulae to Calculate Tattslotto Odds with Hypergeometric Distribution Probability

By Ion Saliu, Founder of Lotto Mathematics

Software and formulae to calculate Tattslotto odds to win jackpot with 20 number system.

Posted on December 07, 2000; later updates.

In Reply to: Probability of Winning 6 Tattslotto Numbers from 45 When 20 Numbers Selected posted by Sam Ragusa on December 07, 2000.

: Hi Ion!

: Here in Australia we have a lottery called Tattslotto which uses a fairly conventional system of 6 lotto balls being drawn from 45. There are also 2 supplementary numbers drawn. We have the usual multiple picks of 6 numbers and there are also system entries, ranging from system 7 to system 20. With system 20 for example, you can pick 20 lotto numbers and it covers 38,760 combinations. The minimum combination for winning is 3 numbers plus one supplementary number which would amount to twice as much winnings as what it cost to play. My question is this.....what is the statistical probability of winning using this lotto system over a period of time, say 4 weeks. Hope you can help.

: Regards
: Sam

Using MDIEditor and Lotto or OddsCalc to calculate Tattslotto odds:
- total combinations 45 taken 6 at a time = 8,145,060
- total combinations 20 taken 6 at a time = 38,760.

The probability to get 6 of 6 playing the 20-number system: 1 in 210 (38760/8145060 = 0.004758712). You can expect to win the jackpot every 210 drawings. Of course, it is not a good deal if you play each and every drawing.

There are 2 bonus numbers, in addition to the 6 winners. The 8 lotto numbers can combine into 28 combinations of 6 numbers each. The probability to get 6 numbers in the 20-number system is 28 times better, when using 2 bonus numbers. The winning chance grows now to 1 in 7.5 (once in 7 or 8 drawings). Still not a good deal, since the bonus prizes are lower. You can follow this procedure with MDIEditor Lotto WE for other Tattslotto prizes.

I expressed my opinion before. Using a lotto system like the one you presented is static play. I always recommend dynamic play. You can use the WHEEL programs in my lotto software.

MDIEditor Lotto handles Powerball-type of games: Mega Millions, SuperLotto (California), Thunderball, Tattslotto.

Pay Membership, Download Software: Lottery, Gambling, Roulette, Sports, Powerball, Mega Millions.

Resources in Lottery, Software, Systems, Lotto Wheels, Strategies

Tattslotto draws 6 numbers from 45; lotto system of 20 numbers is played; what are the jackpot odds?

Comments:

Many lottery prizes covered, including a system of 20 lotto numbers, 6 numbers per combination.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Ion Saliu: Software, Programs, Apps, Systems, Strategies.