Lottery Software: Jackpot Lotto, Pick Lotteries, Powerball, Mega Millions, Euromillions, Keno.

Vertical (VER) Filters in Lottery Software Are like Ionian Pillars and Maya Pyramids

By Ion Saliu, Founder of Lottery Mathematics

The Ionian pillars and Maya Pyramid as allegory for vertical filters in lottery software.

Written in July 2001 by Ion Saliu, world-widely known by the great one-word name of Parpaluck.

There is related info on the Excel spreadsheets applied to lottery software development page. It refers to the 5-number lotto game, but the same is true about any lotto-6 games. The facts are based on the Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG). Take a look at a lotto-6 data file. The file must be sorted first, so that every drawing is in ascending order (1,2,3,4,5,6). If a lotto-6 game has 49 total numbers (balls), you'll see that only a limited group appears in each position. The first position in a drawing probably has only numbers between 1 and 30. In 95% of the cases, only 75% of the lottery numbers make up each drawing position.

The VERtical-6 filter in MDIEditor and Lotto uses that feature for good results. If you set the MAX_Ver_6=90 (maximum level) the program will generate only combinations that contain numbers in the last 90 drawings, position by position. Probably there are some 30 unique numbers or fewer in each position (in a lotto 6/49 case). The program will generate a maximum of C(30, 6) = 593775 combinations. The minimum level leads to different results. If Min_Ver_6=20 and there are only 15 unique lotto numbers in each position, the program will eliminate up to C(15, 6) = 5005 combinations.

MDIEditor and Lotto WE also uses inner filters automatically. For example, combinations such as 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 5,10,15,20,25 are eliminated automatically; also, combinations with sum-totals outside the normal range (bell curve). There inner filters that some users may not want to enable. MDIEditor and Lotto does not generate all-even or all-odd combinations. They do occur, but very rarely. Who expects to win each and every lottery drawing?

I know, it would be great if a new freeware version of MDIEditor and Lotto WE enabled ALL the Any and Ver filters. Problem is I am involved in too many things simultaneously, especially creating software at the highest level. If I allocate all my time to my high-brow passion, suspicion rises.

Ion Saliu is, secretly, the creator of Tladouque, Steps to Maya Pyramid.

Lottery Software: Jackpot Lotto, Pick Lotteries, Powerball, Mega Millions, Euromillions, Keno.

Positional filters in lotto, lottery software symbolized by Ionian pillars, Maya Pyramids.

The vertical filters in lottery software are very effective in reducing many lotto combinations.

LotWon lottery mathematics implemented the first lotto, lottery filters in software.

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Ion lottery software conceived the first lotto, lottery positional filters to beat the odds.