HTTP Errors 404 | 403: Not Found, Resource Removed | Forbidden, Access Denied
By Ion Saliu,
Site Owner, Webmaster, Software Developer
Sorry for this inconvenience, axiomatic one! I know you didn't request — and didn't want to see — this Web page. This custom error page was served to you because of one of two HTTP errors: 404, 403. Other HTTP errors are possible but they are not trapped by a custom error page at this website. Instead, the webserver of the Web hosting company will display different pages. You can see a list of HTTP errors at the end of this page.
• Error 404: File not found; The requested URL (file) was not found on this server. This is, by far, the most frequent error that serves this page to the visitors.
- Make sure you typed the correct file name. Keep in mind that the file names are case sensitive. The sub-string /BBS/ is different from the sub-string /bbs/. Unix/Linux operating systems are unforgiving in this matter. One popular page at this site - LottoWin.htm - is misspelled sometimes lottowin.htm; hence, the 404 error!
- Some visitors add extraneous characters to the URL (address); e.g. LottoWin.htm; or infodown.html.. The ; and . after htm trigger the 404 HTTP error. The referrer also had typos in the URL that sent you here.
- If you wanted to read a message or a page, they might have been deleted. The webmaster performs such an operation in order to save space. The operation is also performed to assure maximum clarity and easy navigation. Some messages or pages were nothing but sleepy-mindedness trash. Other webpages are deleted because of irrelevance.
- Probably there are other webpages here still live and close to what you wanted to read. You can launch a search on the keywords that brought you to this link. Click on the Search button in the footer.
- You can also use the great feature offered by Google for this site. Use the section at the bottom of this custom error page: Other things to try. Paste the URL that you wanted to access; or, type a few relevant keywords you knew about in the original link you clicked on to bring you here.
•• Error 403: Forbidden; Access denied; the visitor was banned by IP address — I serve that treatment to bad guys!
- No matter what the visitor tries, including clicking on the correct URLs, he/she will always see this very page! They need send this webmaster emails promising they became good guys — this magnanimous webmaster may lift the ban!
- The error can be also triggered when a visitor wants to access and work directly in a folder like images or cgi-bin (e.g. see a list of files or scripts). Sometimes, very rarely, the 403 error is triggered by an attempt to download software that requires membership. Click on the top banner to see what options are available (they are very affordable!)
••• Here is a list of the most common HTTP errors, in case you didn't know all of them. It's good to know... what's wrong, not only what's right!
Client Error Codes
Error # Error Code
400 Bad Request
402 Payment Required
403 Forbidden (user was banned probably)
404 Not Found (the most common HTTP error code)
405 Method Not Allowed
406 Not Acceptable
407 Proxy Authentication Required
408 Request Timeout
411 Length Required
412 Precondition Failed
413 Request Entity Too Large
414 Request-URI Too Large
415 Unsupported Media Type
416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable
417 Expectation Failed
Server Error Codes
Error # Error Code
500 Internal Server Error (try to refresh, reload)
501 Not Implemented
502 Bad Gateway
503 Service Unavailable
504 Gateway Timeout
505 HTTP Version not supported
Home | Contact | Search | New Writings, Pages | Download Software | Sitemap, Content | Super Forums