The Best Blackjack Basic Strategy for Hit (Draw), or Stand (Stay): Color-coded Chart
By Ion Saliu, Founder of Blackjack Mathematics
You look first at your first two cards. If the cards are not pairs OR do not sum up to a count of 9, 10, or 11, then you move on to the hit or stand situations. These are the frequent blackjack situations. The color of action is red — it makes it very intuitive to learn the rules of casino blackjack. If the color of the cell is red, you hit. For example, your first two cards total 12. The blackjack dealer's up card (face card) is 7 (or higher). Signal hit (or draw) immediately to the dealer (by scratching the table). If the dealer's face card were 6 or under, but not 2 or 3, you do NOT hit, but stand (stay). The color of the respective cell is grayed out (signifying no action). One important thing to be mindful of: The casino gets the house edge at blackjack by virtue of simultaneous busts. The Player busts firsts — and therefore pays immediately. If the Dealer would bust during the same round of cards, the Player does not get his/her money back (although it was a push!)
The chart is a graphic (hit-stand.gif). You can right-click on it and select to print it — always in color!
- The most important aspect of gambling mathematics, casino gambling especially, is record keeping. The streaks are the most important parameter in gambling. The infamous gambler's fallacy is the only counterpoint employed by casinos: Player will lose forever . . . but not the house! You might want to do the real mathematics of streaks by running my software, Streaks.
• Always stand on 17 or greater.
• Always split A+A and 8+8.
• Never split 10+10 and 5+5 (unless you seeing Ion Saliu playing that way).
Blackjack: Software, Content, Resources, Systems, Basic Strategy, Card Counting
See a comprehensive directory of the pages and materials on the subject of blackjack, software, systems, and basic strategy.
Of major interest: Blackjack, Black Jack: Basic Strategy, Card Counting; Charts & Tables, Probability, Odds, Software.
- Blackjack Split Pairs Basic Strategy Table.
Color-coded chart to learn the best Split Pairs strategy. When you get your first two cards, look at this table first. The pairs occur the least in a blackjack game. If your hand is not a pair, move to the next chart: Double Down.
- Blackjack Double Down Strategy Table.
Color-coded chart to learn the best Double Down strategy. After consulting the Split Pairs table, look next at this table. The Double Down situations occur more often than pairs at blackjack. If your hand is not a Double Down situation, move to the next chart: Hit or Stand.
- The Best Blackjack Basic Strategy: Free Cards, Charts.
All three color-coded charts in one file, in the best decision-making sequence: Split Pairs, to Double Down, to Hit or Stand.
- Blackjack Basic Strategy: Free Card, Table, Chart, Spreadsheet: Split Pairs; Double Down; Hit Stand.
The traditional method of learning the Basic Strategy: all decisions in a table. The dealer up card is listed across (horizontally), while the player's first two cards are listed vertically in the leftmost column. For example, dealer's up card is 5. Player's first two cards: A+4; the right move: D (Double Down). It makes it somehow more difficult to learn the best decisions.
- Download Casino Gambling Software: Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat.
| Home | Search | New Writings | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap |