Lottery Software: Jackpot Lotto, Pick Lotteries, Powerball, Mega Millions, Euromillions, Keno.

Humans, wisdom, Shakespeare: To thine own self be true

By Ion Saliu, Wisely At-Large

To thine own self be true: Shakespeare inspired by Socrates (Know thyself).

Written on June 21, 2001.

In Reply to: To thine own self be true - Shakespeare inspired by Socrates posted by B2B on June 20, 2001.

: To thine own self be true, for it must follow as dost the night the day, that canst not then be false to any man.

• Absolutely great! I don’t know who the author is. Sounds like Shakespeare, but it could also be Tladouqué, or someone else. Humans have created so much Wisdom! Yet, the species will still be extinct after who knows how long. That’s nothing compared to the extinction of the solar system. And that, in turn, is Nothing, compared to the Big Crunch of the Universe!

Then, It starts all over again. Galaxies again, solar systems again, wisdom systems again... I don’t necessarily laugh at those telling past-life experiences. Random interaction of forces can CreateDestroy anything, everything, nothing, again and never again. I’d be so happy now to apologize to the woman who told me she was, in a past life, a climber of mountains of helium; she made love to Air and gave birth to Clouds. At that time, I thought that newspaper want-a-date ads were for nuts only...

Ion Saliu

It's Shakespeare inspired by Socrates (Know thyself.)

Essay on History, wisdom, cruelty, human nature.

History abounds with wisdom, cruelty: human nature, or naturaly humane!

Resources in Philosophy, Humans, Humanities, Ideas, Truth

See a comprehensive directory of the pages and materials on the subject of philosophy, humans, humanities, ideas, truth, Human_Computing_Beast.

History abounds with wisdom, cruelty; that's human nature, brothers and sisters!

Follow Ups:

History abounds with wisdom, cruelty: good human nature, bad human nature.

Comments:

To thine own self be true. So much wisdom in just a few words!

Home | Search | New Writings | Software | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap

Ion Axiomatic didn't know at first who said: To thine own self be true.