Is it important what happened in past lotto drawings?
Lottery players wonder if it is important what happened in past lotto drawings. Yes, the individual probabilities are equal, but the degrees of certainty are different. Look at the standard deviation as well. There is an article that demonstrates with real data (lotto drawings in UK National Lottery): "Lotto Combination '1,2,3,4,5,6': Probability and Reality".
Posted by Steve Cochrane on July 28, 2000.
I have read through the mathmatical justifications for the Lotto systems posted here and can't say I understand them completely. The thing that I really don't get is - what difference does it make what happened in past lotto drawings? Statistics theory as I learned it says that in an honest game every lottery combination has equal probability, each time regardless of what happened before. If that's true why wouldn't a play of 1,2,3,4,5,6 be as likely an outcome as anything generated by the lotto software programs?
Resources in Theory of Probability, Mathematics, Statistics, Combinatorics, Software.
See a comprehensive directory of the pages and materials on the subject of theory of probability, mathematics, statistics, combinatorics, plus software.
Theory of Probability: Best introduction, formulae, algorithms, software.
- Lotto Combination '1,2,3,4,5,6': Probability and Reality;
~ Consider the standard deviation as well!
- Probability, Odds of New York Lottery Draw 911 on September 11.
- Software to generate combinations and find the probability of a lottery drawing to match its date.
- Probability That Player Index N Draws Ticket Number N.
- Enigma: Encryption decryption, cipher, code breakers.
- Probability of perfect shapes in nature: rivers, mountains, trees.
- Geometric or regular patterns on lotto play slips, cards, grids.
- Coin tossing hits by date: heads = 1st day, tails = 2nd day.
- Randomizing: An Art of Scientific Philosophy, Science of Philosophical Art, Philosophy of Artistic Science.
- Software and formulae to calculate lotto odds using the hypergeometric distribution probability.
| Home | Search | New Writings | Odds, Generator | Contents | Forums | Sitemap |