Pay Membership, Download Software: Lottery, Gambling, Roulette, Sports, Powerball, Mega Millions.

A Survival Guide to MDIEditor And Lotto WE Complete Lottery Software

By Ion Saliu, Founder of Lottery Filter Science

This is an easy to follow user's guide, tutorial of the best lottery, lotto software.

Posted on February 22, 2001; later updates.

In Reply to: Questions on filters in lottery, lotto software posted by GD on February 20, 2001.

First time poster here, so please excuse any redundancies. I appeal to your better nature to be patient. I have downloaded MDIEditor and Lotto WE, and I have been able to analyze several hundred cases of lottery data with it easily. Good job, Mr Saliu. I think I understand how to use MDIEditor And Lotto statistics to generate optimized lotto 5 combinations fairly well...the optimizations.

Pay Membership, Download Software: Lottery, Gambling, Roulette, Sports, Powerball, Mega Millions.

However, let me summarize your instructions in my own words insofar as I understand them with the hopes that you'll correct me in those areas where I have gone astray:

1-Enter lottery data with most recent cases starting at top.

2-Click on Stats and then click Lotto 5 and then I enter my 800-case lottery file entitled Lotto5_to_date

3-Since I have inputted 800 cases of lottery numbers previously, when MDIEditor and Lotto asks How many drawings to analyze, I assume I should input all 800 drawings which it already shows in the query box anyway.
• Ion Saliu: I recommend between 100 and 200 past lotto drawings. The last trends are the strongest.

4-Next, for Biggest Lotto5 number input, it seems self-explanatory; whatever the largest number is in the drawings: in this case, 39.

5-Next, click OK and after MDIEditor and Lotto WE's analysis is complete, it displays said analysis.

6-The next step is where I am a little shaky; the optimized lotto5 filtering inputs. I understand your directions to be as follows:

7-Now that one has the MDIEditor and Lotto WE lottery analysis, one then clicks on Lotto and then Optimized Lotto 5 It then asks for a file name. File Data-5 always appears by default there before I even enter anything, but I assume that I'm supposed to replace it (Data-5) with my original lottery data file, Lotto 5-to-date so that the wheel will have those numbers from however many drawings my external filter inputs will tell the optimization routine to do a regression on.

7-Next it asks, From how many previous drawings to eliminate all 3, 4 & 5 number groups? Median value: 70 for a 39/5 game.
• Ion Saliu: The median for the Three filter is 70; i.e., in half the cases Three is 70 or less; in 50% of the drawings, Three is 71 or higher. You can see the movement of Three in the stats reports. For example, it was 16 in your report fragment.

8-Again, I assume it's all 800 cases of my original raw data from my original lottery draw data file in order to be most sensitive. The Least-5 file, that has all least-likely number pairings, I assume is automatically read by MDIEditor and Lotto WE so it can incorporate all least with pairs in its optimizations, and it is not entered here in lieu of my original lottery data file.
• Ion Saliu: See above. Setting Three to 800 may be way too high. Have you ever seen Three greater than or equal to 800 in your reports? You should always be careful with the default in the dialog box.

9-Next it prompts to Enter biggest number in the Lotto-5 game, which is obvious: again, 39, I assume.
10-Finally one comes to the external Any and Ver filter inputs where one is told, Set the filters based on the reports in the Stats menu....
OK, let's assume we have any/ver filter values as follows:

three any1 any2 any3 any4 any5 ver1 ver2 ver3 ver4 ver5
16 01 03 03 07 11 03 12 12 17 17

11-Now let's pretend that in the Any-5 position, the number 4 has consistently come after 11 for dozens of drawings; therefore, I would tend to want to make optimized combinations from the four most recent drawings for the next lotto drawing since I would anticipate that four would very likely come after this 11 also.
• Ion Saliu: This is a point I don't get, (Karl M?)

12-Therefore in the Max_Any-5 input I would put 4 since I only would wish to make optimized combinations from the pool of numbers from the previous 4 drawings. I don't understand why there even HAS to be a Min_Any-5 input. All I want is all four previous drawings' numbers, and the min. option, to me, just seems unnecessary. But...since I apparently have to fill it in also, I put a 3 in that one. I still don't comprehend (even after several readings) the Ver filters nor the Four filter--actually I don't recall even seeing one that was properly designated as a Four filter unless it was when the optimized lotto5 prompted for the max. number. If it is it's fairly ambiguous on just WHAT max number it wants.
• Ion Saliu: I gather you want sometimes to settle for 4 winning numbers, instead of 5. So, you can set Min_Any-5 = 3 and Max_Any-5 = 4. It can generate 5 winners for the cases where Any 5 is exactly 4. If Any4 is exactly 4, then such setting should give you 4 winners in one or more combinations. The reports in MDIEditor and Lotto show the Max values for the filters. By contrast, LotWon WS reports show the Min levels! I still prefer DOS, so I keep going on the LotWon path (it has seniority!). Again, if you see good frequencies for say, Any_5 of 11 OR less, you can set MAX_Any5=11. Let's exemplify with a string like 11, 9, 8, 7, 7, 4, 5, 10, 11. You'll win in all 9 cases if setting Max_Any_5 = 11. You can set MIN_Any5 = 3 and also win in all cases. If you set Min_Any=6 you'll win 7 times (it loses when Any 5 = 4 or 5).

11-Anyway, I enter just those two min. and max any5 inputs, leaving the other any filters blank since I understand that only the any5 filter works for a 5-number lottery and the rest are ignored. I also left all ver filters blank since I find the directions a bit vague as well as the four filter's--wherever/whatever THAT is.
• Ion Saliu: You can use the same procedures as for Any. You don't need to know what VERtical 5 exactly does. But since this filter is usually high, you should use OFTEN its MIN level, and very rarely the MAX level. I assume the Ver5 in your game is consistently in double digits. Just set MIN_Ver_5 = 10.

12--Results: It works I think, and I do get apparently optimized combinations. However, since I'm not sure if I was supposed to input the Least5 file or that DATA5 file that always appears in the input in lieu of my original raw lottery data file, I am not entirely sure that my optimized combos. are what they should be. If I did assume correctly then the optimizations should be fine. One last thing: I have experimented with putting a '1' in the min. Any5 and a '2' in the Max. Any5, but the program freezes and I have to do a ctrl/alt/delete and lose whatever combos. It was generalting. They seem perfectly acceptable inputs. I don't understand why it locks up.
• Ion Saliu: Very, very tight filters! If you have 10 numbers in the last 2 drawings, then C(10,5) = 252 combinations. You should get combinations, provided your computer is fast enough AND you did not use any other filter! If you also used Three = default number in input box, then I can guarantee ZERO combinations! That's what happens: The program keeps searching for non-existing combinations! I wonder how many times your reports showed Any5 = 2. If you only see Any4 = 2 then the program should generate combinations with 4 winning numbers. But, be patient, especially if your computer is not very fast. Besides, I said this before, Windows is a slow-poke. One reason I keep following the DOS Command Prompt) path …

Mr. Saliu, if you will, please go over my methodology point by point and point out where I'm misapplying your excellent software, and I won't bother you ever again. Thanks.

GD

• Ion Saliu: I hope I did go over your methodology step by step. And thanks for your contribution to this survival guide to “MDIEditor and Lotto”. But please consider my DOS lottery software as well.

• Ion Saliu: Matter of fact, I am disappointed with the performance of Windows software, as far as lotto is concerned. So, I took all the filters in MDIEditor and Lotto WE and moved them to my LotWon DOS software (end of 2004). But I created 4 or 6 layers for the filters in MDIEditor and Lotto; the same thing as in the command prompt version of the lottery software. The strategy checking programs also scan for all the filters as in one application. Furthermore, I created a lottery utility to generate for me lotto combinations in the hit situations for a particular strategy. The worst kept secret is that a strategy generates a larger amount of combinations when it hits. Therefore, if a lottery strategy generates very few combinations, it signals not to play it. And thus we save more money.

The best software for all lottery and lotto games is known as Bright.

Such features are also much requested by the growing army of the users of my lottery software. But I learned a good lesson. The more features I add to my lotto freeware, the more headaches I cause to myself. I decided that my best policy at this time (end of 2004) is to keep quiet. No more freeware from me. That translates to a whole lot more chances for me to actually play the lottery. I neglected my playing, while helping many others use my free software. I announce any changes in the forum, or on the 'What's New' page. I can't afford to answer individually anymore. Now, I said that if one wants more of great stuff, one wants to make an offer I can't refuse. Well, it looks very hard to make a compelling offer to me.

I just look at one lottery strategy, any strategy. It shows to me beyond reasonable doubt that a strategy puts in my pocket some $5,000 in three months (in the pick-3 game). That amount can be 10 times higher for the pick 4 game. You tell me there is a reasonable price to pay for my lottery software!

"You can only make it free and hope that the winners will respond to your generosity in the same manner!” NOT! Homo sapiens is the most unfair creature in the history of nature. You know what? That's a great survival quality! The number of potential lawyers willing to check for big lottery winners who used my software surprised me. There is legal merit in cases against those who won big using my software but not sharing anything with me. I understand it well now. I wouldn't tell a word about my method or lotto software that led me to a big win. The potential lawsuit is looming huge.

Developer of the best Powerball, Keno, Mega Millions, EuroMillions, lotto lottery software.

Resources in Lottery, Software, Systems, Lotto Wheels, Strategies

Survival Guide to MDIEditor and Lotto has user's guide, tutorial of the best lottery software.

Follow Ups: